By joining Americans for Community Development you will be part of a national movement to create L3Cs and similar
international organizational structures which use for profits to achieve socially beneficial objectives. ACD will provide
training, support, educational material, certification and assistance to those who have formed L3Cs, those who are
contemplating forming one, professionals who are working in the field, economic development officials, educators and
students and anyone else interested in L3Cs. Americans for Community Development is a private, non-equity
- A primary objective of ACD is to educate foundations, attorneys, legislators and policy leaders about the L3C. Once this group has a better understanding of the L3C, it will become easier to form and fund L3Cs. By joining ACD, you will provide some of the support needed to fulfill this mission.
- We will be organizing Seminars, Training Programs, Certification Programs, and Webinars on many subjects
related to the L3C. Members receive discounts for these programs.
- Reduced Advertising Rate
- Members can attend the ACD Annual Conference at discounted rates.
- Members receive timely and regular updates on key L3C issues.
- ACD leaders testify and actively work for passage of state and federal legislation.
- Members receive up–to–date information regarding federal Legislation to facilitate organizing and financing
- Members have access to model governance documents and Best Practices and Guidelines Publications.
- Members can participate in Working Groups.
- Members have access to tools for making L3C presentations.
- Members will be welcome to use the ACD Member Logo (shown below) on all of their print and